Global family planning programs are evidence based.
1. Develop a transparent and unbiased system for reviewing and synthesizing knowledge.
Establish clear criteria for identifying HIPs.
Establish a transparent and inclusive process for reviewing and synthesizing evidence.
2. Support mechanisms that facilitate knowledge sharing.
Establish a website with access to critical materials.
Develop materials such as evidence briefs, e-learning courses, and toolkit.
Facilitate South to South learning.
3. Support collection and documentation of high quality evidence.
Strengthen mechanisms to facilitate learning from country programs.
4. Identify critical gaps in knowledge and advocate for research.
HIPs Briefs used to inform research investments.
5. Support use and implementation of HIPs.
Develop and support mechanisms to monitor implementation of HIPs.