FP2020, IPPF, UNFPA, USAID and WHO serve as a secretariat for the HIP work. Two representatives from each organization participate in monthly calls in order to:
- Set agendas for annual HIP Partners and Technical Advisory Group (TAG) meetings,
- Ensure coordination among various groups working on HIP activities,
- Select new members for the HIP TAG,
- Provide updates to endorsing organizations regarding ongoing and completed work and activities relevant to the HIP work,
- Select members of the HIP Technical Expert Groups
- Discuss and approve new types of HIP products, and
- Support promotion and outreach of the HIP Partnership as necessary.